Apple Picking Opens August 31st!
Pick Your Own Apples Information
When Does Apple Picking Begin at Wickham Farms?
The apple orchard typically opens during our annual Sunflower Spectacular Festival in August and lasts through mid October. Visit our picking schedule for specific dates and info for each variety. Please note that during the sunflower festival, all guests must purchase a sunflower festival admission to visit the farm.
Unfortunately due to food safety regulations, we cannot allow any pets into the orchard with the exception of Service Animals.
Apple Picking Pricing:
We do not sell our pick your own apples by weight but rather by the bag. We will provide you with the empty bag (peck sized) and then you fill it up as full as you can. That way there is no uncertainty about how much your apples will cost until you weigh out! Just purchase your bag and fill it as full as you can. It’s that simple! Bag pricing is as follows:
- Single peck bag – $15 ($20 during Honeycrisp season).
- Two peck bags – $25 ($35 during Honeycrisp season).
- A peck bag weighs 10-13 lbs depending how many apples you fit into your bag.
- No minimum purchase limit per person. We just ask that someone in your party purchase a bag.
- No charge for all the apple samples that you taste while picking. 😀
- A Barnyard Admission is not required to go apple picking!
- During the Sunflower Spectacular Festival, all guests will need to purchase admission to visit the farm.
Free Hayrides! Weekends Only.
We give complimentary hayrides to all of our apple pickers! As long as one person in your party purchases an apple bag, everyone in your party can ride the apple orchard hayride at no additional cost. Hop on the hayride for a beautiful, narrated tour of the Wickham Farms vegetable fields and apple orchard. The hayride also stops at our 5 acre Giant Corn Maze after leaving the apple farm. Afterwards, don’t forget to enjoy some of our other fun farm attractions and stop in the farm bakery for some fresh cider and donuts! Hayrides run on weekends only. Weekday apple pickers can walk into the orchard.