"Farm Fresh Family Fun"
These four words have been our guiding principles through the years. When guests visit our farm, it is our goal to provide a place for people of all ages to enjoy fun and interactive farm activities while creating lifelong memories with friends and family.
Wickham Farms Milestones Timeline
- 1986 – 1st Season of Pick Your Own Pumpkins (property rented, not owned).
- 2002 – Route 250 property purchased. Gravel parking and tent added. 1st season with corn maze.
- 2004 – Current retail building constructed. Storage only in 2004.
- 2005 – YMCA proposal to build Eastside branch presented.
- 2005 – Retail building interior finishes completed. Open for ice cream June 2005.
- 2007 – Mini golf added.
- 2009 – Jumping Pillow added.
- 2012 – Sweets Corners Road property purchased and 1st season of CSA (this will become our future location).
- 2013 – Built Events Building on route 250 for CSA distribution, birthdays, and groups.
- 2014 – Planted 2,500 apple trees on the Sweets Corners Road farm.
- 2015 – Pick your own apple orchard opens (on a very limited basis). Additional 2,500 trees planted.
- 2016 – Planted additional 1,000 apple trees on the Sweets Corners Road farm. We now have over 6,000 trees in the orchard.
- 2017 – First Sunflower Spectacular Festival takes place. We are bulging at the seams on Route 250.
- 2018 – Wickham Farms fine tuning plans for Sweets Corners site. Possible first construction to take place Fall 2018.
- 2019 – Complete relocation of Route 250 activities to Sweets Corners. Project includes:
- Construction of new barns – retail store, events building, CSA barn, food service, rest rooms
- Improved parking
- Relocation of current attractions – Jumping Pillow, mini golf, train ride, etc
- Addition of new and improved activities – animal area, farm equipment attractions, and more. Stayed tuned for more info!
- Open for business on Sweets Corners Road mid-August, just in time for our Third Annual Sunflower Spectacular
Construction Photos From Our Big Move in 2019!
As our story began in 1986 selling pumpkins out of a small red wagon, we never could have envisioned the Wickham Farms as of today! Growth and change have always been constant, moving from the wagon to a tent, to our first building, and on and on. Looking to expand our farming operations with a CSA program and pick your own apples, we acquired the one hundred acre property on Sweets Corners Road in 2012.
When our apple orchard began producing in 2015, we faced the challenge of operating two retail venues during the fall months. This has proved challenging from both a staffing and customer communication point. A positive customer response to pick your own apples as well as the Sunflower Spectacular Festival in 2017 has given us a glimpse of the improved visitor experience that we can offer with a single, larger venue. By consolidated to Sweets Corners venue, we will be able to offer our best ever family fun experience on over 100 acres of beautiful farm land!
Our intention is to continue with operations as usual May and June 2019 and complete the process of relocating our retail business to Sweets Corners Road by mid-August. With few exceptions, all the attractions you have enjoyed through the years will make the transition with us, along with several new features that will be ready for the fall of 2019.
With this transition, we are hoping to keep Wickham Farms as a long term staple in the Penfield community to be enjoyed for many generations to come.